• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Redding Competition Seater Die in 308 for 208 AMAX

EROCO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2010
Is there a potential issue with the bullet seater not fitting properly with the 208 AMAX bullet tip?

If so, how can I correct this?

I am getting ready to seat some 208's using this die and I just wanted to get a heads up if possible from you guys.

THANKS!

Re: Redding Competition Seater Die in 308 for 208 AMAX

I've had no issues doing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogue308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had no issues doing it. </div></div>

I remember reading somewhere where there is a potential issue with VLD type bullets getting the tip crushed because of an improper fit and I just dont remember where..

Thanks for the info..

I've loaded around a thousand rounds of 208's with the Redding comp seater without a single crushed tip. Run out has been great as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rogue308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've loaded around a thousand rounds of 208's with the Redding comp seater without a single crushed tip. Run out has been great as well. </div></div>

That is good to hear. Thank you for your response. This is definitely the place to get a quick answer for these type inquiries.

Those Seater Stems are strictly meant for Berger VLD Bullets, not the A-Max. Any questions should be directed Dave Dibble at Redding.

Why do you say they are made strictly for Berger VLD's? I use the Redding Competition seater die for both VLD's and A-Max's and havent had an issue. Not saying they arent meant for it because thats the first I have heard but I havent had an issue.