• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Redding FL dies case stuck

RemXCR2009

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
MS
I just got in a new redding 308 FL die set today and have got a case stuck this has never happend on my RCBS dies can anyone tell me if this is common and what to do about it

Re: Redding FL dies case stuck

I had it several times on RCBS but never on Redding. Did you clean the die thoroughly before using? As for what to do, get a stuck case remover. It is a handy tool to have around.

The dies were brand new do I still need to clean the inside of them before using them

oh ok I did not think about that what do you use as a case lube because I am having to put alot of pressure on the press to get the case into the die

You might try using a little more lube. I really like Imperial Sizing Die wax.

One brand die will stick just as bad as another. Lack of lube is why cases stick most of the time. Putting the wrong case in the die is another common reason.

+1 on the Imperial. I grease the bisquit pan with it too
smile.gif

thanks for all the help I will try the wax tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RemXCR2009</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dies were brand new do I still need to clean the inside of them before using them </div></div>

Reading the instructions is a good place to start. Sam

I have had similar issues, most commonly with Lake City Match .308 Brass, I have been told this brass is harder, I have had 2 stuck cases in a row. Not a happy camper. Now I do put an excessive amount of lub on the LC cases and have not had an issue. The imperial wax was not a help with this brass.
Good Luck