• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding full length bushing die carbide sizer

Rotortuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2008
WA, USA
So I am getting ready to reload about 1k of my once fired lapua brass. when i loaded this stuff the first time i used a carbide sizing button with a neck only die to get some of the dented case mouths streightened out. This time around i have a full length bushing die and im planning on taking the necks down to size in a two step process from 340 to 338 and then to 336 which is my final diameter. My question is, should I use the carbide sizing button or take it out and just run them through? I measured with and without it and it doesnt really seam like it sizes back up too much.

CJG

Depends on the amount of constriction you're getting, and how much you want. I normally DO use the carbide expander, but I also choose a bushing that takes the necks down to where the expander just barely touches the neck on its way back out. I can barely feel it on most cases, and that's right where I want it. As far as sizing it up "too much", it shouldn't, and that's not what you want.