• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding LR1000

CBlack

Inquisitive
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2017
Covington, La
I've been reloading for about 5 years now. Started off with a Redding BR-30, added a Redding Pistol all checked with a Dillon DTerminator digital scale.

It took me a while to adjust to the BR30, but could throw IMR 4198 pretty consistently for my .223 AR and 25-45.

I recently bought the LR1000 for my 300NM and 300WM. I'm having trouble keeping the throws consistent and I'm using H1000. They'll vary up to .5 grains, possibly a little more.

I think my technique is the same as before.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Anything I can do to be more consistent?

Thanks for any feedback.

It's a volumetric powder throw, so it is going to have variance naturally. Some are better than others, and Redding is pretty good. .5 grains of long grain extruded powder in a 70+ grain throw is not bad at all.

However, you are not using it correctly. Throw the charge slightly under the desired weight and trickle up. You can do this pretty quickly actually. I used to do it this way until I got lazy and started using a chargemaster

Thanks. I don't think I can trickle with the Dillon scale though. Have to invest in a different one I suppose?

Thanks. I don't think I can trickle with the Dillon scale though. Have to invest in a different one I suppose?
You can trickle with that scale. That’s what I used

Much appreciated. I'll try it out.

Although I still need to get more consistent with my throws.

Redding trickler is only about $20 or so if you don’t have one. It’s very good