• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding S bushings: steel vs. titanium?

Re: Redding S bushings: steel vs. titanium?

Oh absolutely! It cost $10 more, it must be better, right?

Personally I prefer the titanium nitride bushings over steel. They require less lube and prevent galling on the neck much better than the steel versions.

The steel bushings are fine, but the TiN bushings are better for the reasons Hazardus mentioned and they are also smoother to use.

Hi i only use the Ti coated bushings now as the steel ones always end up scratching and then start to score your necks even with lube, dont waste your time on steel ones.

Very rarely do we sell steel bushings anymore, another quality on the Ti-Ni bushings is that they don't rust like the steel ones do. I have a few customers on the coasts that have humidity issues and they switched to the Ti-Ni and won't go back.

Adam

I probably have 30 TiN coated bushings to 4 or 5 steel. If I have the money and the where with all to make it that way... I'll take a TiN coated if any way possible.

Perfect! Thanks for the info fellas...

-Slice

Thanks, I'll get the TiNi. Appreciate the recommendations. And now this thread is back at the top, which may help someone else!