• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding S die

Shoots 700's

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2008
Chester, Virginia
Loading for 6.5x47 and when I resize the bushing leaves a slight bulge on the neck. Don’t feel any resistance with an unloaded case, when I chamber a loaded round it feels snug. Any reason to be concerned or anyway to correct?

You have pictures? Those bushings don’t size all the way to the neck shoulder junction. Generally what’s perceived as a bulge, is just a small portion of partially sized neck. The tightness you’re feeling probably has to do with headspace. Measure headspace on a some properly fitting cases vs. your sized cases to verify.

The bushing should float, but only a tad. If the stem is backed off too much, it will cause even less neck sizing.

I can post a picture later, headspace seems fine as I am pushing the shoulder back 2 thousandths.
What is you chamber neck dia? Too much here couple with a bushing will yield donuts, measure the widest part of the bulge. One more firing and it may not chamber. If your bullet is not in contact with the bulge, buy a reg neck and force it to the inside. If it's touching, expect issues only turning will relieve.

Really hard to tell but when I load it seems to be more pronounced

Attachments

• 4425EEB5-A8B1-4EBF-B9DC-E45B64D784EF.jpeg
    4425EEB5-A8B1-4EBF-B9DC-E45B64D784EF.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 48
I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to find it, but I posted the same question about a month ago. Bottom line is it's normal and intentionally designed that was by Redding. My thread has the reply from Redding explaining it.

Really hard to tell but when I load it seems to be more pronounced
Not sure if it's your pic or what, I do not see the bulge, but one neck looks way longer from that angle, too long of a neck would yield the same feeling when chambering a round. Have you trimmed, or what are your case lengths?