• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding T-7 max

millsd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
Austin, TX
For some reason I can't seem to find this...so can someone tell me what the largest cartridge you can reload with this press is? I'll be reloading 308 and 338 for now, but I'll likely have a 375, 408, 416, or 50 by EOY.

Re: Redding T-7 max

yes, I read that...and the 4 3/4" opening part. And I was assuming it wouldn't load 50bmg as it's bigger than the opening, but what's the max...3.68" 338LM, 4.3" 408 CT, 4.6" 416 Barret? Does it just have to "fit" within the opening or is there a certain amount of travel required for it to work properly?

This will handle the 50 BMG, RCBS A-4 Big Max press, a full 5" opening. Discontinued by RCBS, they can still be found used on E-Bay in the $200-300 price range.

Here's mine:

DSCF1568.jpg

The RCBS Ammo Master, Hornady 50 BMG, among others will also work.

Bob

Is that a gold bar on your bench? Man, your reloads must be REALLY expensive!

You can load 308 and 338 Lapua Mag on the T-7 just fine. I use my T-7 for both of these. For the 375 CT, 408 CT, and 50BMG, you will need a bigger press than the T-7. The dies are much bigger as well. I use a Redding Big Boss for my 375 and 408 size loads. It threads for the 1 1/4" dies for these calibers. You can load 50 on it, but you will need the 1 1/4" threaded Lee dies, and it will be a very tight fit on that press. For the 50, I would recommend a 50 cal press of your choice. Hope this helps.

Chad

The big-boss 2 by redding - they sell a kit and dies for the .50.

Any recomendations on where to buy a set of 338 dies? Based on other posts, I think I want the Redding S Type Match or competition set, but it's out of stock at most places. And pricing wise, looks like ~240 for the match and ~310 for competition. Or should I start with a cheap set since this is my first reloading experience? I know I can get them significantly cheaper, but I hate spending money twice.