• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Type S Full Size . 338 Lapua issue

SAS_Sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2009
Italy
hello everyone,
I recently bought a full size die type s .338 lapua, I set the whole as specified by redding, but I noticed that it leaves me these marks on the shoulder ... it almost seems as if the die has been worked badly . Has anyone else happened? tips?

Thank s
John

IMG-20181020-WA0015_resized.jpeg
20181021_121754_HDR_resized.jpg

My 338lm brass looks the same way and I too am using the Redding S type full length die.
I’m on my 6-7th reload and it hasn't effected anything that I can see.

Reactions: SAS_Sniper
What do they look like coming out of the chamber? If they’ve been given the rings during firing from the shoulder of your chamber, the die tends to just touch the high spots, highlighting the feature. Could just as easily be the die shoulder too.

What do they look like coming out of the chamber? If they’ve been given the rings during firing from the shoulder of your chamber, the die tends to just touch the high spots, highlighting the feature. Could just as easily be the die shoulder too.
Chamber is OK... before being recalibrated they did not show these signs. before I used rcbs and did not give these signs..

Don’t worry about the marks. Did you clean the die with acetone to start?