• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Vs Forester

Don-n-Texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Houston now in Denton County
How does Redding compare to Forester. I’ve alway used Forester, but I‘m tired of waiting for them to be back in stock. So I got a set of

Redding Competition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set for 300 Win Mag. Will they work as good as the forester.

Don’t think I’d neck size a belted mag, but I could be wrong.

Both are good dies, functionally. The Forster seater stems are much more rugged than Redding’s when it comes to compressed charges.

I haven’t personally bought a Redding Competition seater since I figured out they basically robbed the design from Forster.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
Stay with Forester, You can find dies at other companies that sell retail. What caliber dies are you looking for ? I have a wholesale account if the dies you want are in stock I will sell them to you for cost plus shipping. PM me for my cell. Mike

Reactions: DIBBS
Thank you for the offer Mike. I already have the Redding. They came in today and didn’t seem as robust as Forester. I need to reload some 300 Win Mag this weekend. I think I’ll keep trying to get Forester and sell these when I can replace them.

but Thank you for the very generous offer.

If you get super serious about belted mags, there IS a guy (Larry Willis) that makes a collet body die for them.

Put that in the back of your brain somewheres...might need it sometime.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Forester sent me an e-mail said it be six weeks before I could get my dies. So it will be Redding for now.
May be missing something here but you say you bought a 3 die set? Isn't that a neck die, seater and FL body die?

If you get super serious about belted mags, there IS a guy (Larry Willis) that makes a collet body die for them.

Put that in the back of your brain somewheres...might need it sometime.
This Innovative Technologies Collet Die is the only way to go with 300 WM IMO.

How does Redding compare to Forester. I’ve alway used Forester, but I‘m tired of waiting for them to be back in stock. So I got a set of

Redding Competition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set for 300 Win Mag. Will they work as good as the forester.
Did you check Midsouth Shooters for the Forster dies? It appears they have them in stock.

May be missing something here but you say you bought a 3 die set? Isn't that a neck die, seater and FL body die?

This Innovative Technologies Collet Die is the only way to go with 300 WM IMO.
yes it a 3 die set. I saw the collet dies and was thinking picking up one of those and forgo the Forester sizer die.

I started with Redding and moved to Forster only because the micrometer seating dies are much easier to read with these aging eyes.

Reactions: DDoug

Another fan here of Forster, I use two of their full length sizing dies specifically because of how easy it was to send in and have honed to my dimensions...... and just an FYI... its F-O-R-S-T-E-R... no extra "e".

Forster are good folks. I recently ordered a full-length sizing die with custom honed neck. They contacted me to say lead time would be long, and suggested I could buy from one of the retailers, and send it in for honing with shorter turn time. And turns out Brownells had the die, so that plan is in progress now.

I have used both and found that I prefer the Redding Type “S” FL sizers and the Forster Ultra Micrometer seaters; this is for most all of my calibers.

Reactions: lou400a