• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding vs. Forster bushings

HodgdonExtreme

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2014
KHSV
So both Redding and Forster say their bushings don't interchange with the other's dies...

But they sure seem to just fine.

Never thought to try it before, but was in a pinch tonight and realized I had a Forster bushing the appropriate size.

Worked great in my Redding die. Then I tried a Redding bushing in a Forster die - worked fine.

Anyone else ever notice this? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Just a quick question for the OP since have have both sets of die. Do you like either one better? I've been eyeing the Forster bushing bump die with the ultra micrometer bullet seating die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redding bushings also work very well with the Wilson dies.

I prefer the Redding. I sold my Forster dies.

Just a quick question for the OP since have have both sets of die. Do you like either one better? I've been eyeing the Forster bushing bump die with the ultra micrometer bullet seating die.

Meh. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Forsters are quality and less expensive, which is nice. Also, not a fan of how Redding bushing dies won't size the bottom ~.025" of the neck.

I used to be a big advocate of the bushing bump die, but I've kinda given up on them because after several firings, you still need a body sizing because chambering/extraction starts getting a bit tight.

These days I just use whatever FLS die was available when I was in the market.

I have the redding FLS bushing die and it works great, it's a little expensive to get into but once you have the bushing you need that's all you'll have to buy for a long time.