• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding vs Forster FL Dies

Gquire

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2022
Louisville Ky
Putting together my first dasher. Is one better than the other(forster/redding)I'm down to those two as they fall within my current budget. will be a non-bushing die as i will be using Cortina's mandrel die to set final neck tension. using alpha brass if it matters.
Thanks

For a non bushing die I would go with the Forster. In my experience the Forster sizes down slightly smaller and fits a custom chamber better than the Redding. Go easy on the lube and use a die wax like Imperial or Creedmoor Sports.

I would also consider a bushing die for the added adjustability.

Reactions: simonp
For a non bushing die I would go with the Forster. In my experience the Forster sizes down slightly smaller and fits a custom chamber better than the Redding. Go easy on the lube and use a die wax like Imperial or Creedmoor Sports.

I would also consider a bushing die for the added adjustability.
i was just looking at midsouth they have the bushing fl die and the micrometer seater for $200. thanks for the input

i was just looking at midsouth they have the bushing fl die and the micrometer seater for $200. thanks for the input
I was going to link that one but you didn't say anything about a seating die. That would be a good choice IMO. Oh, and I really like the Cortina mandrel die.

Reactions: Gquire
I was going to link that one but you didn't say anything about a seating die. That would be a good choice IMO. Oh, and I really like the Cortina mandrel die.
yeah im probably gonna pull the trigger on that, gets me up and running for 300ish including cortinas die. thanks again

Reactions: AllenOne1