• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redefining Length of Pull comment from the test forum

Storyteller

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2021
New Mexico
I guess my initial comment on the "test forum" didn't post lol. My response to that one which I really appreciate that knowledge by the way didn't post. But here's my post.

Thanks a ton for getting my brain straight! I stand 6' 2" and have a long wingspan. Setting my length of pull for years now has been like 15" (In setting it I had actually been doing it right all this time (not from the trigger but the base of the stock behind) but didn't know until I read this forum). I like my body super square, wrist, forearm straight, linear and relaxed when I bring the thing up to the shoulder and have instant view through the glass. Well recently I realized that I had begun fighting the weapon after 40 rounds or so because unbeknownst to me I was getting fatigued. I truly was stretching my neck too far when taking aim and realized it this past weekend when I started sucking! When I got to 60 rounds and shooting for 760 yards I couldn't hit a damn target; just too tired.

Thanks to this post I realized that I had in fact been doing something wrong for a while now and having too much length of pull and decided to make a 1/2" adjustment. I've dry fired quite a bit since the adjustment and all is still real comfortable. I will provide a "range report" after testing this weekend. I may have a bit more recoil control now as well.

I have to laugh, it's either that adjustment or find some way to bring the scope back on the rings 1/2" inch which is not possible since there is only 1/4" inch left on the rings.

Time to really adapt to the weapon correctly!