• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield 12x?

Heatseeker

Private
Minuteman
Hello again ... I just bought an "A" serialled Remington 700 for its action and it came with a Redfield 12x fixed scope sitting on top.

This is definitely a scope from a bygone era that was made in the US of A with target turrets.

The scope's in excellent optical condition and has minimal blemishes on the tube.

Is such a scope worth selling on eBay (I'm trying to fund a .223 build), or should I just offer it to a good home with people who like good old American made scopes?

A fixed 12 is of no use or appeal to me, but I can see that this is a nice optic and I would like it to go where it is appreciated.

Re: Redfield 12x?

Does your scope have the coin slot adjust side-focus parallax on the left of the turret housing? If so, it is a keeper if in good functional condition.

Re: Redfield 12x?

Sadly, I have an old Springfield 03 that has been sporterized, that scope would be just about perfect on. For those who just gritted your teeth, No I Did Not Do IT! The Springfield came to me already sporterized. At least it still has its original 2 stage trigger, albeit lightened up a bit.

I would make an offer, but these days money is tight around my place
frown.gif
I hope you do find a good home for that USA Redfield. Those were some well made scopes.

Good Shooting