• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Redfield Regal 15x60 Spotting Scope sold in 1968

farwest

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
NE Louisiana
I am looking for a part for a (1968) Redfield Regal 15x60 Spotting Scope that will allow me to attach the scope to a stand up tripod.
Here is an image of a bracket attached to a similar spotting scope that I found on line. My spotting scope came in a red fiberglass case with a small table tripod, which was no use in using a full size tripod. There may also be a part which uses an adjustable hose clamp attached to a Arca-swiss quick release plate. I purchased this new from Redfield, Denver. It is in perfect condition, ,so I would like t be able to use it.
Thank you for any help that you can give me.

1714504616779.png

Last edited:
Just a thought. But have you looked at a universal Arca rail?

What's the diameter? I use a RRS binocular clamp on the barrel for my ATC spotting scope.

Saw the date in the title (1868) and thought, wow, Redfield was making spotting scopes just after the Civil War ;)

Reactions: st1650
ArcLight --Sorry on date -old age/tired fingers.

jb88 --- Looks like a RRS binocular clamp -Aziak might work. What brand do you use? I will measure my spotting scope tonight. Thank you.

I am looking for a part for a (1968) Redfield Regal 15x60 Spotting Scope that will allow me to attach the scope to a stand up tripod.
Here is an image of a bracket attached to a similar spotting scope that I found on line. My spotting scope came in a red fiberglass case with a small table tripod, which was no use in using a full size tripod. There may also be a part which uses an adjustable hose clamp attached to a Arca-swiss quick release plate. I purchased this new from Redfield, Denver. It is in perfect condition, ,so I would like t be able to use it.
Thank you for any help that you can give me.

View attachment 8408109
Is the hole for the table top tripod not standard 1/4-20 thread? If it is, there are a plethora of adapter plates.

Reactions: Im2bent
The table top unit does not come apart. The spotting scope slides in a hose clamp attached to the table top tripod (which is very rugged/but fixed.
You can see in the picture above, that the scope sold alone had a plate which could be attached to a tripod. My unit came in a case with a table top tripod and did not include the extra small medal plate.

I like the metal RRS clamp. I will measure my spotting scope tonight. Where is the best vendor for the RRS. Any that give VET/LE prices?
Thank you all for your help. I have several Redfield scopes. The quality was excellent for the price.
I drove by Redfield-Denver on the way to work, but then started getting Leupold scopes.