• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redfield rem 700 scope base info

ncshooter1213

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2024
Nc
Was given a rem 700 in 30-06 when I was around 12. Used for many years. Now I'm 33 and have put together a few rem 700s in 308 and 6.5. Decided to pull the ol dirty 30 out the safe and immediately noticed the redfield base. Is it worth changing it to a new base or this redfield the cats meow? Is it something I should ebay maybe? Just curious as I know nothing about this type of base

Photos of the base? What type is it? Railed? For the Jr/Sr rings?

Photos of the base? What type is it? Railed? For the Jr/Sr rings?
I'll take a photo. It's the base for the jr/Sr rings and of coirse its LA for the 30-06. I don't know much about it so forgive me if I don't have the answer your looking for

20240105_191759.jpg
20240105_191743.jpg
20240105_191743.jpg

It’ll work fine until you upgrade to a scope of different tube diameter thus necessitating new rings. It’s not rare or particularly sought after, it’s just fine and functional as is.

Suggest you remove, degrease bolts and threads and re torque everything. Square up scope etc.Should make a good shooter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncshooter1213
Suggest you remove, degrease bolts and threads and re torque everything. Square up scope etc.Should make a good shooter.
I pulled it out with plans to upgrade scope and base. That's when I noticed the redfield base. Rifle has always been great but scope is not so good. If the base is worth keeping then ill just clean it all up and upgrade scope while keeping base. Thanks for the replys

It’ll work fine until you upgrade to a scope of different tube diameter thus necessitating new rings. It’s not rare or particularly sought after, it’s just fine and functional as is.
As long as it isn't some rare old mount than I'll leave it be and keep using it with a different scope. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't committing some sin by using the old mount..lol

Reactions: RTH1800