• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Redfield Ring Screw Size?

Charlie112

Herd Thinner
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2017
USA
I have a set of Redfield spilt rings, 1 inch, model #522605. I am not sure what the screw size is and where to pick up some. I have did some research, but not sure, .Are they a 8-40??
Thanks

Do you have a big Ace Hardware in your area?

My Ace has about four aisles of fastener hardware.

I was surprised to see that they actually carry blued "gun screws" in those oddball gunsmith threadings.

Do you have a big Ace Hardware in your area?

My Ace has about four aisles of fastener hardware.

I was surprised to see that they actually carry blued "gun screws" in those oddball gunsmith threadings.
Yes on the ACE HARDWARE, 12 miles away, but know biggie, THANKS!!!!

Hope they have something. I was shocked when I saw the two trays sorted into a shit ton of blued screws of various lengths and thread pitch.

The ring cap?

My guess would be no.

My Ace has a screw gauge hanging on the wall......if you have a good screw bring it with to test.

Reactions: spife7980
Redfield rings like these?
image.jpg

I'm just curious how this random thread has remained at the top of the "trending threads" for more than a week.

I do not have any extra screws, but I do have several sets of rings which I am going to sell in a few weeks with some 1970's Redfield scopes & bases.
Some of the rings are: 522000 Low; 522600 Low; and 522605 Medium. Sorry that I cannot sell a set right now, but someone may want a matched set of scopes, rings and bases. I purchased this stuff from Redfield in Denver around 1970.