• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield scope for the M40

ncoutdoorsman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd share. I got my scope in for my M40 project. It took a while to find but it will do nicely for my build.

Its a 2nd generation accurange. It should be a satin black, but could only get my hands on a gloss version. This will soon be corrected with some refinishing I have planned.

Im actually a little torn whether to give it an anodized green type of finish or just a satin black finish. Because its a 2nd gen, i think im going with the satin.

Here are some pics...
scope.jpg

scope2.jpg

scope6.jpg

Whatcha think?

Re: Redfield scope for the M40

Nice snag, will give your project a nice look. Yours looks like a pretty early one to.

No luck yet on 1st gen base, had to resort to badger repro for now. May just put 2nd gen base back on it for now. Post pics when your rifle is complete. BTW I think you are making the right decision on the black instead of green color. The Green would be really hard to match, the black is much more forgiving!

Thanks Man,

I agree with you, black would be easier and I really dont want the scope to look like a im trying to "pass it off" as a 1st gen.

Those tall/rounded turrent caps are a dead give away that its a 2nd gen so it might look strange green.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncoutdoorsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Man,

I agree with you, black would be easier and I really dont want the scope to look like a im trying to "pass it off" as a 1st gen.

Those tall/rounded turrent caps are a dead give away that its a 2nd gen so it might look strange green. </div></div>

NC,

Yes, about 3-4 dozen people on the entire planet would know it's a 2nd Gen Redfield by it's turrets. Most of those are here on the Hide. The rest are locked up in monastery's mumbling optics incantations while fingering their Tibetan Prayer Wheels.

Paint it whatever color suits your fancy.

Nice scope BTW, neat find...

Bob

HAhaha

I actually laughed out loud after reading that. Thats a good point, but it would still be a little thorn in my side.

"I'd know"... know what I mean?
smile.gif