• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield Scopes

NB4Z

*Ares*
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2018
Who here has tried the newer Redfield scopes. I used the old ones a lot and they were very good scopes. I have not tried any of the newer ones though any comments. Thanks.

my father just recently within the last year purchased a redfield
RED 3-9X40MM 4-PLEX REVOLUTION MATTE

scope for around 100.00 dollars while i think he did so being cheap , considering I offered to buy him a vortex or at least split the cost with him to get something a little better , It is clear enough to see through and see the target out to 200 yards , neither him nor my self can see the groups or hits at 200 it works ok better on steel which neither of us need to see specific details , considering how cheap it was when you add elevation it works . I prefer more mag to see the shots i am shooting on paper . Its not a terribly great view through it but for 100.00 it's what i thought it would be . When i was a kid i would have loved to have that compared to iron sights . having to pay for my own things would much rather save up a few more dollars and gotten a better scope . Less than a year into owning it and already looking to replace it , to me a waste , but that is just my opinion .

I have friends who are happy with them, just don't tell you self you found a backdoor to S&B quality at low price. If it were me and I had car payments I would be shooting Redfields and making extra payments.

Have the revolution 3-9x50 on a truck gun it’s held zero well and I also like the round reticle in the middle of the cross hair

Had an old one about 30 years ago,It was a very good scope,I never used a new one.

Got a 6 - 18 SFP one weekend as a emergency buy when a Vortex went down , for use on a rifle used
for training . It was the only thing in the backwoods store with a decent reticle , and much to my surprise it’s
actually held up fine . Tracked well and has been abused and keeps working . It used to be the butt of a few
snobby jokes , to its credit it’s held up fine .

I run a green Leupold M40 replica scope on my M40 (3-9X, 40).

I think they are basically new Redfield 3-9Xs. Really dont repro the old Vietnam War green Redfields all that well.

I like it because it has a mil reticle and Im defining the rifles use for steel plate sized targets out to 600 yards.

Zeroing at 100 Ill just hold mil dots as needed, never messing with the coin slot capped adjusters.

Should work fine as a simple fast gun with no bells and whistles.

Its great fun to shoot and looks good on the rifle.

P7288026.JPG

Reactions: rhsc
Anyone do a track test on them to see if they're more than just clear glass though? Looking for some options for a vintage build.

Get some version of a vintage Weaver T model if you want tracking.

Weaver T10 from El Paso build days is a fantastic scope. Turrets click accurately, bell adjustment parallax, glass looks great to my non discerning eye.

Oh yea? She tracks nice back and forth? Returns to zero?

I have two old school wide fields and they are awesome. I just traded for a rifle with a Battlezone and have yet to play with it since the rain won't stop.