• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms OFF THE MARKET - NIB Remington 700 223 1-8

gasrat

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
SE Kentucky
New In Box 700 Varmint chambered in 223. Barrel is a heavy, Varmint profile with factory 26” 1-8 twist. $750.00 shipped to your FFL.

Attachments

• 03D536A2-D877-4231-992B-7B9FF8145DFB.jpeg
    03D536A2-D877-4231-992B-7B9FF8145DFB.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 601
I’ve seen 9 twist bbl on factory Rem 700 (SPS Tactical, LTR, 5R, PSS) but not an 8 twist. SPS Varmint model has historically come with a 12 twist bbl. Do you have factory box with 8 twist noted or scroll mark on bbl?
If Remington started doing 8 twist bbl for 223, that would be awesome news.

Reactions: awonder
Ive never personally seen a factory remington 1:8 twist. Could you upload a picture of the markings on the barrel?

Guys, reference the posts above with the information directly from Remington. It is a 1-8 twist, trust me. I wouldn’t have listed it as a 1-8 if it wasn’t.

That’s why I bought it because like you, I’d never seen one either. I just bought another one that I’m gonna shoot versus this one, so I put it on the market. And yes, I have the box it came in and everything.

Not to detract from your post, but I bought a new Rem 700 in 243 with an 8 twist. Historically they didn't offer that twist but they do now. Here's hope to a new improved Remington! My shoots lights out and is a VERY smooth action. Glws!

Reactions: gasrat
I’m going to let this one soak through the weekend. If it don’t sell, I’m gonna keep it and test some loads through it.

Reactions: EscapeVelocity
Damn, I wish I had the funds to buy this when I seen it...what grain bullets are you going to try out?
Varget and 77gr Noslers work great for me...

Damn, I wish I had the funds to buy this when I seen it...what grain bullets are you going to try out?
Varget and 77gr Noslers work great for me...
Have a interested buyer. I mean I’d still sell it if someone messaged me, but if not, I’m gonna try 75 ELDm through it. There is several of us around here that play around with 223’s out to 1000 yards. They hurt some peoples feelings lol

Fuck it
I’ll take it for $685 shipped