• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Refurb PVS-30s

Takashi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Hey guys,
What do you think of the refurb PVS-30s? I've been trying to set up a hog hunting rig, and well, given how I don't hog hunt that often, I feel like the pvs-30 would give me some fun versatility to ring steel at night far away as well.
Might as well put those rifle NV bridges to use.
I've got a mawl to throw extra IR as well.

Are they still worth it for the ~$6k they are going nowadays? Do you guys have a favorite vendor?

I'm running a Refurb PVS 30 that I bought used here on the hide. FOM in the mid 1800s. Overall I'm very pleased with the unit when paired with either a luna illuminator or FP Raptar.

On the nights I've shot steel I'd say 600 yds is very doable, and I've made hits on a full size IPSC at 950 but I had trouble spotting my misses when shooting at 950 so it was a little challenging to make consistent hits at this distance.

I haven't got to use mine for hunting yet so I can't speak with first hand experience but having said that depending on your environment I believe using the PVS 30 for hunting will be a challenge. I live in the desert with a lot of sage brush..... It can be challenging for me to pick out my targets. IF you are in an area with trees and lots of underbrush it will be really difficult to spot an animal I believe. I'm thinking if I get more into critter hunting I'll need to invest in thermal to spot the animal, then NV to shoot.

Reactions: avidflyer
Definitely thermal for spotting is how I was thinking of doing it, then swapping to NV + illum for the shooting part.

Thanks for your business! Whenever your ready for the PVS30 shoot me an email and remind me you bought before!
Thanks

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Most of the refurbs now are coming with new bodies. Makes me wish I waited six months before I got my last one!

We have them, feel free to call, email or PM and I'd be happy to get you with a good discount as well.
[email protected]
are the newer ones coming any higher fom? still same battery compartment?

Shipping out in just a couple days also, so no 16 week lead time on these. CURRENT INFO AS OF 3/23/21 Lead times will vary on these. Want one quick do it now.

One of the newer ones with new housings.

Attachments

• IMG_4380.jpg
    IMG_4380.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 92
Robert @JRH is the best. I bought 2 echo pvs14s, and a dbal a3 just last year. Great dude to deal with and good prices. Maybe it's time to order something new Haha

Reactions: Lowdown3