• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Register mail for Form 4?

Femadog

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2012
West Slope, CO
Sorry for such a simple question, read through a few pages of posts and tried a search. I have everything to send in my Form 4. Regular mail, certified return receipt or something else? I see where folks used a personal check as a way to confirm receipt leading me to believe certified isn't an option?

Thanks, The wait begins.

Re: Register mail for Form 4?

I send mine Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WileyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I send mine Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation</div></div>
+1

I send a check from my trust by Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Pretty cheap way to know that they received the paperwork and then also when actual processing starts after the check clears.

Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope. $4.95 and worth the peace of mind.

Just so you guys know, there is no reason to use priority mail. Delivery confirmation is available on all kinds of mail.

Priority mail is not faster than regular first class mail, either, the delivery standard is the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so you guys know, there is no reason to use priority mail. Delivery confirmation is available on all kinds of mail.

Priority mail is not faster than regular first class mail, either, the delivery standard is the same. </div></div>

That is true, but to put delivery confirmation on an envelope, it has to be priority. Otherwise it has to be a package (3/4" thick I think) in order to put delivery confirmation on it. I put delivery confirmation on a standard 1st class envelope a few weeks ago and it arrived with postage due for the remaining balance. I am willing to bet that the NFA is not going to pay the postage due charge. Priority flat rate envelopes are easy, safe, and not really that expensive considering what the suppressors cost. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WileyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I send mine Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation </div></div>

This is what I've always done. I like knowing it got there.