• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reload data for Tikka t3x tac a1 223rem

I'd sure like to see some load data as well. Viking 78, I loaded some brass today with the Sierra 77 gr tmk's and plan on getting it out for the first time next weekend. I have some 80 gr smk's, 69 gr smk's and 75 gr Hornady eldm's that I want to try.

Sierra MK 69gr bullet seems to like Tikka barre.
I shot Sellier&Bellot match ammo last sunday, second picture was that group.
That fifht did slipped off.

Fast powders is seem to like in Vihtavuori powders.
Next i will try N133.
No more N140, too slow and in winter that burning rate in small case is not perfect.
I did also ordered Sierra bullets and some of Nosler CC 53gr hpbt.

I finally had a chance to get it out today and fire the first 25 rounds through it. I loaded Winchester brass, Rem 7.5 primers and used the 77 gr. Smk's. All were seated to the same depth. The only variable was powder, which is identified in the pics. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Was back out yesterday with it and here are some pics of the combinations I'll be spending more time with. I tried the 69 gr smk's and they are not as tight as the 77's for me. The 55 gr sierras show some promise. That group of those is the lightest weight I've tried.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: viking78
That group on the left is sick man:cool:.
My TAC A1 also liked more the 77gr Lapua Scenar.
AND bullet almost touching the lands, that seems to be the key to get the best accuracy out of the 223rem.
Did you measured velocity?

I do not have a chronograph so until I'm able to hook up with my buddy who has one, I won't be able to give data on velocity. The barrel on mine is 20". So far what I'm seeing is that it likes the heavier bullets close to the lands. N540 & TAC seem to provide the most consistent groups with the 77 grain tipped match King heads.

I have given the 75 gr Hornady ELDM's a try and the groups I was getting were poor.

I did load 5 of the 80 gr. Smk's with 23 grains of Varget. The pic of that group is posted below and I only jumped them .005. I intentionally went with a light charge of Varget as the COAL measurement was 2.371 to the lands, which is a fair amount shorter that the COAL of 2.550 that Sierra recommends in the manual I'm using. There were no pressure signs with this combination so I've got room to work if I continue to test those. My total round count in my Tikka is 85 so far, so I'm still getting used to it and am very pleased with what the Tikka is showing me. I was able to get my hands on some Lapua brass and am going to see how it fares as compared to the Winchester brass I've been using. That all being said, I've got a lot of the 77 gr tipped match kings on the way and am going to do some 300 yard ladder tests off the bench when the weather improves.
image.jpeg

A friend told me to try Nosler Custom Competition 52gr bullet, hi told me that his varmint Tikka likes it a lot.
So i bought a hundred of these pills and loaded some of these yesterday.
I used Vihtavuori N133 powder.
Sweet jesus, this bullet is accuracy.
5-shots at 100-meters.
On the left dot i shot 10 rounds.

That looks like you're dialing it right in. I haven't had mine out for over a month, what range time I've had lately has been spent doing load development for a sako factory 6PPC that I'm preparing for some club level matches. I have some N133 and will have to try that with some lighter smk's in the tikka. Do you prefer the 133 over the 135? What primers are you using?

That looks like you're dialing it right in. I haven't had mine out for over a month, what range time I've had lately has been spent doing load development for a sako factory 6PPC that I'm preparing for some club level matches. I have some N133 and will have to try that with some lighter smk's in the tikka. Do you prefer the 133 over the 135? What primers are you using?

I have N135 too, but though that the faster burning N133 would be better.
This was the first test load with the 52gr Nosler and straight to the goal :)
Now i try Sierra matchking 52gr bullet with N133.

Viking78...what loads did you settle on with the lighter 52 & 53 gr bullets? I’m looking to work up a load for 100-200 yard informal club shoots.

52gr Nosler custom competition Vihtavuori N133 25gr COL 57,19
Same for the Sierra Match King
Hornady ELD match 52gr N133 25gr COL 57,40mm

I did cut the barrel to 18", so im not sure how does these loads work on my rifle now :)