• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloader 17

Elvis442000

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2023
United States
I have a beautiful load for my .260 rem with rel 17, but I am out! I realize that there are some better powders that are tougher to get, but I haven't seen 17 for sale in nearly 2 years. Is there something I am missing about this particular blend?

All of the popular Alliant powders are being imported in lower frequency than the others like Hodgdon & Vihtavuori. RL16/17/26 have been very hard to find. Keep an eye on the Powder In-Stock thread and setup notifications at the usual seller websites.

In the meantime, if you want to look for another powder, I can run some Quickload numbers to give you some options if you tell me what bullet you’re shooting? Or I’d suggest trying N550.

Thx, I have bots setup ( for months now) I just wondered if there was some E.U. thing affecting the Alliant stuff. Thx for the offer on QL I have that already, but man...RL 17 is unsurpassed in that cartridge. I am getting 2970 out of a 130gr berger with 5 shot groups of .4" Granted it is a custom, rifle but H4350 and N560 are both 150fps slower....
All of the popular Alliant powders are being imported in lower frequency than the others like Hodgdon & Vihtavuori. RL16/17/26 have been very hard to find. Keep an eye on the Powder In-Stock thread and setup notifications at the usual seller websites.

this could give you an idea on which powders could work for you you could also hunt more down you might just have to look for em .

all I know is every time I found my self not able to find one powder to my supprise there were 7 others that would work . best of luck finding more that work for you .

this could give you an idea on which powders could work for you you could also hunt more down you might just have to look for em .

all I know is every time I found my self not able to find one powder to my supprise there were 7 others that would work . best of luck finding more that work for you .
There are several that work, and work pretty well. But this is a custom hunting rifle and I like the speed and I like the tiny groups it makes with reloader 17 the next best load that I was ever able to put together was with h4350 and it was.5 at 2870. The 17 is just faster and my rifle likes it better. I also have a load for my wife's 308 that I use for it, same deal, 7 inch group at about 100 ft per second faster than the next fastest hodgdens load.

TX isn’t close to VA, so I can’t help much.

This is why!!!

Attachments

• 20220818_135524.jpg
    20220818_135524.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: simonp