• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloader with my Bergara 300WM?

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I have owned 6 300WM’s and been very fortunate that all guns loved our H1k loads. This new Bergara does half assed 1.5MOA with our loads. We shot a 5 shot group with 230Atips with of SD4 and it shot 1.5 MOA. Shot other loads similar except our 208 AMAX load shot 4.5 inches right and about same 1.5 MOA.

It shot FGGM 190’s the best. 4 shots in one hole but the first one was touching just under the ragged hole. Solid .5 MOA group. Wonder what powder FGGM ammo uses? Anybody?

We were thinking maybe this gun might like Reloader, we have been Diehard H1k, but that isn’t working. Please hit a brother up with your favorite Reloader load. Which Reloader, charge, brass, primer ....you know the drill.

Any advice on this challenge is appreciated.

PB

I was able to load H1000 with Nosler 180 gr AB and get sub MOA. Let me know if you are interested in the load data, I don't have it handy at the moment. I will be doing a lot of testing soon with several heavier bullets. I took an elk at 650 yards with one shot last season, so it shoots pretty well.

The reloader load my 300wm likes is

Bullet: Berger 230 gr OTM
RL26: 74.5 gr
Brass: Norma, cases are 216 gr
Primers: CCI BR2
Jump: .027"
SD: 2.2
ES: 6
Ave Vol: 2875

This is with a 27" Krieger barrel, barreled by LRI. I didn't list OAL since our chambers are different it wont help.

Montrose