• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

reloading 338lm 300 grain accubonds

Norwegian musher

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2020
Norway
Anyone reloading 300 accubonds using N570?

i cant seem to find any reloading data for that bullett and powder..

AXMC 27" barrell 1:9.35 twist

The prevailing opinion on this site is 300gr bullets are too heavy for the 338Lapua. So you probably won’t get much of a response.

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
Ehhh…just use data for the 300gr. SMKs.

There were lots of people shooting/reloading the 300gr. class of bullets just 10 years back.

Chris

The prevailing opinion on this site is 300gr bullets are too heavy for the 338Lapua. So you probably won’t get much of a response.
To heavy? never heard that before.. my 285 eld m's shoots good,i was thinking about using 300 accubonds for this fall's moose hunt..
parden my bad english,im from Norway

To heavy? never heard that before.. my 285 eld m's shoots good,i was thinking about using 300 accubonds for this fall's moose hunt..
parden my bad english,im from Norway

Accubonds are longer than conventional bullets and may restrict powder capacity of your cases. You may end up with a 2600 FPS load. Is that enough to allow the bullet to perform as intended at the range you will be shooting? I’m assuming you want to be able to take longer shots.

Accubonds are longer than conventional bullets and may restrict powder capacity of your cases. You may end up with a 2600 FPS load. Is that enough to allow the bullet to perform as intended at the range you will be shooting? I’m assuming you want to be able to take longer shots.
i was thinking of using the accubonds out to 400maximum for moose,im not shure how the 285 eld m's perform at closer ranges on moose,i assume they might be a bit to soft? especially if you hit a shoulder bone?

i was thinking of using the accubonds out to 400maximum for moose,im not shure how the 285 eld m's perform at closer ranges on moose,i assume they might be a bit to soft? especially if you hit a shoulder bone?

Yeah the Accubond would hold up better in that situation.

I use Berger 300 OTM w N570 in a AI AXSR 27 inch 1-9.35 at 2800 FPS loaded long but mag fed.

Reactions: Norwegian musher