• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reloading .375 CheyTac.

RonA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
Browns Valley CA
Been looking for dies. They don't seem to be easy to find. I just went to C&H's site and they show that they make them. Anyone seen a set for sale or a place that might stock something like this.
Thanks.
RonA

Re: Reloading .375 CheyTac.

I went through the same exercise a while back when I got my rifle. It was very tough to gather everything I needed to reload .375 Cheytac. I couldn't find any reloading die sets that are ready to ship for a long time. I tried to order through Cheytac directly, I am still waiting for that order to come through. The same is true for CH4D. I ended up purchasing my die set from Black Diamond Rifle (http://www.viersco.com/). They made their own reloading dies for .375 Cheytac and .375 Sniptec.

The press I am using is RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme. I got my press in the deluxe kit from Cabelas. You do have to remove the adapter ring at the top of the press to accommodate the Black Diamond custom reloading dies because they are bigger than standard dies due to the size of the case.

For shell holder, you will need RCBS #47 for .505 gibbs. That's the one that will fit since the Cheytac casings (both 408 and 375 CT) are based off that parent case.

One more thing, to set the proper case shoulder bump back, I would suggest using the Digital Headspace gauge from Inovative Technologies. This tool is very useful for your resizing operations. You do have to use a fired case from your rifle as the starting point and bump your case back slightly (instruction came with the gauge).

For case trimmer, I use the RCBS trimmer for 50 bmg and 408 Cheytac with a .375 pilot. It worked pretty well for me. This should get you started on reloading the bad boy. By the way, you may also want to get a VLD chamfer tool since the bullets for .375 CT are mostly solids and VLDs.

Re: Reloading .375 CheyTac.

Thank you that's some good info. I'll have to start lookin into it. I hope to have all the parts and loading stuff in the next six months. Who knows if that will happen though.

EasyRider1965, how do you like that RCBS case trimmer? It seems to me like it would be a pain to adjust and the length just right?

more info on Cheytac 375 dies

We have dies. The new ones have micrometers built into them. Give us a call. 229-686-3220 - cheytac.com

does the seating die have a sliding bushing like the Viersco dies and Redding dies nd whatnot?

EasyRider1965, how do you like that RCBS case trimmer? It seems to me like it would be a pain to adjust and the length just right?

Sorry about the delay response. I haven't logged in due to the hectic holiday season. The case trimmer is a bit of of pain to use because it is a manual trimmer. I have to save a trimmed case as sample guide so that I can adjust the trimmer quickly when I change caliber. Also, you hand will be very tire if you have a lot of cases to trim:) It does work but requires a bit of effort.

1648221131048.png

.50BMG-specific powders like Reloader 50 and Hodgdon 50BMG look promising

You could also email Berger and ask them for load data for that bullet/cartridge combo.