• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading 6 Creedmoor 115gr DTAC

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm in process of putting together a 6 Creedmoor build and have zero experience with reloading for it. With that said, I do reload for 6.5 CM.
Starting from scratch and NOT knowing any "numbers" for it, where should I start?
Planned components will be 6 CM Hornady brass with no turning or anything since they are cheap and readily available. I'm pretty easy when it comes to loading. Load and go..
115gr DTAC for the bullets..
Pertaining to full length bushing dies, what bushing size should I start with? Any other things I should consider when reloading for it? Again, I have nothing in front of me to measure.

Also what freebore should I be looking at? Looking at LongRifles Inc, they offer .274 neck/.104 fb and .2768 neck/.176 fb as options on their chambering other than the Hydrid chamberings.

I've been using hybrid 100v in my 6 Creed and having good results with both Sierra 95gr TMK and 105gr BTHP from hornandy. All sub moa.

I use Peterson brass and love it. I use the small rifle primer. With the federal small match rifle primers. Low SD in between 6-9. ES is roughly 15ish. I'm using 43.2gr of 100v for the 105s and 44.1 for the 95gr TMK. Both are over hogdens max load so work up. 20 thousandths off lands for both.

The ogive is further back on the 110 SMK as it is more of a HYBRID VLD type of bullet . The 110 SMK is shorter then the 115 DTAC. Here is the difference in the ogive's
110 SMK ogive is .6685
115DTAC ogive is .7745