• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading before moving question?

rdinak

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2003
Birmingham, AL
I am getting ready to make an across country move from South Dakota to Atlanta Ga. In the process I will be leaving the reloading room of my dreams until I can obtain a new residence and get set up again.

I have several .308's. A GAP, a Mike Bryant and Remington PSS that I load for. I know what works well in this area. Question is will I have to rework my loads for a warmer climate, lesser elevation and higher humidity area of the country? While Varget is my powder of choice; it is in short supply. I have about 8-10 pounds of RL15, a small herd of Federal 210M's, about 600 pieces of Lapua brass and a lot of 175 SMK and 178 Amax bullets that need to be loaded.

It would be nice to load a quantity of ammo before I move because I don't know how long it will be before my reloading bench is operational again.

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Re: Reloading before moving question?

If you have the time, load as much as you can before you move. Since you don't know when and where your next reloading room will be set up, seems pretty clear you'll need to stock up now for an extended plant shutdown!

Welcome to Dixie.

We'll be neighbors. Welcome. I use 44.0-44.2gn Varget with 175's in Lapua brass.

Get ready for the heat!!!!!!! Your gonna sweat in places you didnt know you had, and you will do it in bed at night. lol

Mike

The north side of Atlanta is a fairly moderate climate. Temps get over 95F only a very few days a year. Will get between 90F and 95F pretty regularly. The humidity's bad enough that you don't want to be outside. You'll probably have to go north into the mountains to shoot; temps will be a little easier with the altitude. Actually, the newer development is up in that area.

South side of Atlanta is lower elevation, but more targets of opportunity.