• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading bench on

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
I'm trying to find a good work bench for reloading. I'm not looking to spend a ton, like 200-300. Any suggestions? This will be a desk for my day jobas well(I'm a dietitian obviously)

Reactions: jbpmidas
I used a husky bench from Home Depot, it’s not ideal but it was about your budget if I remember correctly. I added a plywood shelf on the base & loaded it down with brass & bullets to make it more stable

finished.jpg

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Buy a rolling toolbox and add a heavy plywood top.
Keep all your stuff in there. Attach the press to the wood top.
Roll it away into a closet when you're done.
BTDT in an apartment in Boise.

I reloaded on a teachers desk with a piece of 1-1/8" plywood glued to the top with liquid nails for several years before i built a nice bench.
check around your local thrift shops, salvation army ECT....you can find them pretty easy and in the $25ish range...most are steel so pretty heavy and solid, lots of storage and adjustable feet to level it up.

I live in an apartment so I may do it in the parking lot 🤣
In your case, it’s probably easier then to modify something you can find on the cheap at a Goodwill or garage sale. You’ll probably have to stiffen the top up with an extra layer of plywood.

FWIW though, maker’s spaces are a new thing popping up in a lot of towns for people that don’t have a place to build or work on things. Basically like a community workshop where you pay a small rent fee every month or whatever. I know someone who tried to start one up in our area, but I think the folks in the urban areas around here are more interested in tearing shit up than building anything.

I used a 2x4 basics kit. Since I was building I was able to completely fill the space. I built a platform on one end and set up my press and progressive to be used standing, and I reinforced the other end with 2x4s and mounted my barrel vice. That left me with about 6ft of useable bench in the middle. My first reloading bench was an old dresser with the bottom drawers filled with bullets to give it some weight. At that time my 2x4 basics kit was a 3ft work bench in our other bedroom.

I have this one, I figured if it sucked I'd just use it as a table in my garage or something. It's fairly robust out of the box, but I used using a couple of 6" L-brackets to bolt the top to a couple of studs in the wall to make it rock solid. It works great:

Last edited:
Reactions: SanPatHogger
I have this one, I figured if it sucked I'd just use it as a table in my garage or something. It's fairly robust out of the box, but I used using a couple of 6" L-brackets to bolt the top to a couple of studs in the wall to make it rock solid. It works great:

I have the UltraHD with the drawer, pegboard backer and light. It is really nice. It has little to no movement when running a Rockchucker or a Lee turret.

Reactions: CK1.0
As said before the harbor freight bench does a good job. Mine are a few years old and get used daily.
20230301_125452.jpg