• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

reloading bench

Russ257

???
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Lancaster, PA
So i spent the day working on setting up my reloading bench

4239156402_7c06c1ae81_b.jpg

Any thoughts or advice would be great

Re: reloading bench

Looks To Clean to me! LOL!

Posing for the picture?? Need some wall art! Shot up targets?

Terry

If you're asking for advice, I think you may want to give yourself a little more room to work with that Loadmaster, kind tight quarters! Just kidding, looks like a great start. I'm developing a plan to rearrange and organize my reloading room also. I've been reloading in this particular room for nearly 10 years and have "added on" here and there to accomodate growth. It's time to tidy up.

My only advice is keep things organized. Shelves are very nice and cabinets keep it cleaner looking.

FYI, the old Chargemasters did not like florescent (sp?) lighting, caused issues. Problem may be resolved, but if you have fluctuations in charges, zero issues, etc that may be it.

Looks good overall....but way to clean.

It looks like you are off to a good start. I suggest getting a 4x4 and installing from underneath your press to the floor. This will kept shit from jumping around on your table when resizing. I would also suggest getting a cabinet or shelf unit to put on the wall in place of that wall hanger thing, you will need a place to set thing up out of the way when transfering from one operation to the next, Or one caliber to the Other.

Russ,

If I were you I would give serious consideration to getting rid of the flourescent light and replace it with halogen or something.

My own results and those of one of our top F class shooters is that flourescent lights WILL affect your electronic powder scale, giving erratic powder charges.

I went to Halogen lights and my loads went back to what they were.

Just my 0.02, your results may differ.

Neil

Nice looking bench Russ. Did you build it? Appears to be a substantial benchtop on a nicely made cabinet.

Not surprising given the quality of millwork and carpentry I've come to know from your fair state!

we have a rloading bench with shelves , cabinets etc.but our press and dispenser are mounted on a nice solid piece of maple about 24'' long.this allows it to be portable,if we feel like loding on the table ,or on the bench.just attach it wit h a c clamp.this was not our origianal idea,we seen it somewhere else and copycatted.

Nice looking set-up,Russ.My chargemaster does not seem to be bothered by my florescent light,but it has an electronic ballest.I agree with the others,you soon will want some shelves on that wall.Looking Good! Pete

Thanks for all of the input. I will definitely look for a halogen light. The two cabinets on the left are for reloading storage. No I didn't build the bench I bought it at costco some years back

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Russ257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have this Halogen light?

Northern tool

Thinking about picking it up. For 20 buck looking hard to beat. </div></div>

500 Watts....I can see your electric meter spinning now!!!!

The best work lighting is lots of indirect sunlight.
If there is not enough of that, the next best thing is a blend of florescent lamps, halogen lamps, incandescent bulbs, and different frequency LEDs.

I have spent plenty of time in light labs, but as a power supply guy, not an optics engineer. I can barely convert Lumens to Lamberts.

But I have a friend who has been buying high power LEDs directly from China to make home made work lamps. The single frequency light is terrible for working. He combines the different color LEDs, to improve it, a little.
What you want in work light is a bright, diffused, wide and balanced frequency spectrum.

Russ,I would give my scale a series of test runs before I got rid of my light.Another type of light that you might try is track lighting.You can check that out at home depot or lowes.I'm thinking that a large quartz light will be too much light and too much heat. Good Luck Pete

ahh track lights I don't know why I didn't think about that. I suppose i was too focused on the work lights. I installed one in the kitchen why not above the work bench.

Handloadinglighting.jpg

This is a combination of natural light, incandescent light, florescent light, magnification, and focus.

I guess I should add various LED colors and some Halogen.