• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading brass

Billygoat109

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2021
Minnesota
Pondering whose brass you personally like and use?
I’ve used:
Winchester - good 👍
Lupa - great 👍
Starline - personal favorite 👍👍
Hornady - shit 👎🏼
Norma - okay 👍
Nosler - shit 👎🏼

My grading system. No one else 👍👎🏼

I reload everything from the 5.7x28 to the 500 S&W in pistol.
Six different rifle calibers.
Reloading .40 S&W as we speak. Using 3-different brass, all new.
Hornady sucks, primer pocket issues.
Winchester is okay, misshapen brass on a few.
Starline, never a problem!!
Interested in your thoughts.
Thanks, GWD

why do you think nosler is shit?

ive read hours on this subject, multiple forums.
lapua is almost always #1
ADG, Alpha and Peterson swap positions 2-4
then all the rest with OEMs mixed in, all over the place with various reasons and observations.

personally, I have liked sig so far in 6.5cm. they weigh almost the same as the alpha i just got in. supposedly adg used to make them but sig now makes their own for the last couple years.

Reactions: simonp
why do you think nosler is shit?

ive read hours on this subject, multiple forums.
lapua is almost always #1
ADG, Alpha and Peterson swap positions 2-4
then all the rest with OEMs mixed in, all over the place with various reasons and observations.

personally, I have liked sig so far in 6.5cm. they weigh almost the same as the alpha i just got in. supposedly adg used to make them but sig now makes their own for the last couple years.
Every time I use them I need to ream primer holes!!! Pain in the ass…

Does Nosler make all of their own brass now? Or does Norma still make it for them?

Mike

What makes Lapua a champ is the reinforced primer pocket ring. Extends the life of the brass. I've read reports of the webs going before the pockets. Peterson has a different approach to the pockets. The primer sits recessed and not fully supported towards the top. Allows pressure to beat up the primer, but not the pocket so much. I judge brass by the longevity of the pockets to tightly hold primers, however that might be designed.

Reactions: OkieMike