• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading component scam sites

OkieMike

avowed heathen knuckle dragger
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2021
NE Oklahoma
I'm willing to bet most of us here are smart enough to know what's up. But if you're new to this and need a few pointers about recognizing a scam... Here are a few things to look for:

• They have merchandise in stock that no one else does.

• The prices on that in-stock merchandise are fucking ridiculously reasonable.

• Required minimum orders of several hundred dollars.

• They don't accept credit cards, or their "system is down"... And they want you to use Venmo, PayPal, or some other service.

• The text on the site was obviously done by someone who speaks English as a 3rd or 9th language.

• Look at the physical address listed on their site and do a Google street view of it. If it's a house or your neighbor's tool shed, it's a scam.

• Listing their FFL number isn't a positive sign. That info can be stolen and thrown up anywhere.

There are more signs that I am sure others will list. But basically if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

If you know of a scam site, list it below. But let's keep it to scam sites... Don't add a legit retailer because they wouldn't honor your coupon code or some shit like that.

Mike

power-reloads.com
reloading-supplies.com
ammosalespoint.com:
It has an about us link, I had to look up what the fucking Malcolm Baldridge quality award is and supposedly a US government program, so someone went all out and had no fucking clue what the hell they were talking about, LMAO! Its an actual government program but, quote, "The Baldrige Award was established by Congress in 1987 and is not given for specific products or services", so I sent them an email to fuck off! I was bored , okay?!

Reactions: OkieMike
I contacted one before and told them to accept visa. I said there is NO online payment form that accepts anything to do with firearms. They stated it was fine. So I sent them the rules for purchasing which stated PayPal, Venmo ect does not affiliate with it and your money is not backed. Stated plenty ppl buy. I said show me the orders. Crickets

First post. Am a DUMBY, placed an order through USA Reloads for propellant. Did the Zelle thing (mistake), money taken no product no responses no nuttin. SCAM! FIgures as "they" seem to be one of the few that had product.....
NXT

Add this cat to your scams. Sent me his aaddress. This what pulled up in google.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221_055106_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230221_055106_Facebook.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230221_054958_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230221_054958_Maps.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 54
Add this cat to your scams. Sent me his aaddress. This what pulled up in google.
There's a place about 30 minutes north of me... A literal mom 'n pop shop. They run the business out of their home. They have a showroom/sales floor/whatever you want to call it in the (split level) basement. They usually keep the door locked and you ring the doorbell and they'll come down and let you in. Real nice folks. They've been around for years... But they don't do interwebs sales.

Not saying that's what you have there. But there are a tiny few that operate from home.

Mike