• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading equipment

1in9twist

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2011
Ok, I have been told to come here by multiple people to get some good feedback. I am in the drawing stages of designing an adjustable "Strong mount" riser for reloading presses. It will be adjustable front to back and up & down. Question being, how high should it go up to? Base height will be 3" or so.

Thanks
Dan
InLine Fabrication

Re: Reloading equipment

take a look at dillons strong mounts
work off whats already out there
they make 3 different ones to fit there presses with heights around 8"

heres a link
strong mount

heres what i did with my press
2011-09-15%25252007.12.13.jpg

Is this ergonomics? You want to spend time and money on a press mount 'cause you stool is too tall/short?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this ergonomics? You want to spend time and money on a press mount 'cause you stool is too tall/short? </div></div>

Close. More like 1 bench height,different presses or some people religiously load standing up, etc. I have a single stage that I prefer to have 3" higher than the bench top, yet I like my Dillon 650 at 8" off the top. Unless I want my bench to look like a Jenga puzzle, an adjustable mount sounds pretty good.

I did the same with my Rockchucker. I really like it being higher on the bench.

001-5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People handload standing up? They must not do much shooting. </div></div>

Actually, I find it hard imagining how you can properly positino yourself to stroke the press and feel what is happening, withOUT standing up.

Jim G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JimGnitecki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People handload standing up? They must not do much shooting. </div></div>

Actually, I find it hard imagining how you can properly positino yourself to stroke the press and feel what is happening, withOUT standing up.

Jim G

</div></div>

+1

I always stand while reloading. I like being able to feel what is going on and I personally think I can do that better while standing. Everyone has their own way though. Reno