• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading for carbine matches/NO cannelure

winniedonkey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Orlando
Most cost friendly bulk are with cannelure. It's a 1/8. FYI. Not trying to do 8 bullet load development for a blaster.?????

Putting question marks behind statements makes them questions??? Cornfusing.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for bulk 224 caliber bullets that do not have a cannelure? These would be for 0-300ish carbine matches.

I'm going to say my original post was after the sleep meds took effect. Very much a cluster fuck. I will leave it so others can learn from my grammar abortion.

Any recommendations for bulk 224 caliber bullets that do not have a cannelure? These would be for 0-300ish carbine matches.

I'm going to say my original post was after the sleep meds took effect. Very much a cluster fuck. I will leave it so others can learn from my grammar abortion.
Cannelure doesn't not matter for 300 Yd carbine ammo????? Why not just don't not use cannelure?????

If you're looking for a cost friendly match bullet Nosler Custom Competition is the way to go.

I don't see what having a cannelure is going to hurt for 300 yard shooting on what is most likely fairly large targets. Match bullets aren't needed and having a cannelure or not makes no difference.

I am just now starting to load for my first ar and it likewise is only going to be used for close up stuff inside of a few hundred yards. Since Im going to be hosing through these as opposed to taking my time and trying to be good with them I have chosen the 55gr speer soft point. People claim to get decent accuracy from them, they arent FMJ so they shouldnt fuck up my steel inside 100 quite as bad and their biggest selling point to me... I got them for 9 cents per (88.99/1k)
f3d7f6c02e594301baf3e3bd8ddf3419.jpg

The BC sucks dick but hey, bc isnt really noticeable at 300 yards with a 1-6 scope.

Reactions: winniedonkey
I asked a not so simple question and got some awesome responses. Thank you to all who have contributed to this.

55 or 60vmax are insanely accurate with H4895. I run them in my 10.5 and 16" 1/7 barrels and shoot them to 200yds on steel consistently with an Aimpoint T1. I crank them out on a Dillon 650 in bulk.

50, 53, 55, 60 V Max. Are you just looking for the cheapest bullet you can find? Shooters pro shop usually has some cheap 22 cal blems.