• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reloading Help in San Antonio

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Anyone willing to teach me how to reload in the San Antonio area (within like 90mins)? It would be after all this crazy coronavirus stuff ends. Gives me time to buy all the bullets, brass and dies I would need.

Let me clarify for the internet trolls. I don’t have any of the equipment so I would be going to whomever’s place to learn.
    Thanks clcustom.

Reactions: clcustom1911
    I'll be living there in 2 weeks. I'll be happy to get you spun up. Easy cheesy, lemon squeezy.

dude my parents live out there, we will have to go out and shoot when i make it home.

also clcustom had some good loads last time i saw him verify his data, im sure he will get you set up.

im currently showing a coworker the ropes. good to see others set ups and processes before you spend money on a buch of shit you dont need, there are some places that people may be able to skimp on tools in order to splurge in other areas and get a good all around set up. definately hard to buy once cry once until you are actually doing it.

I figured if I supplied everything but the press it would be a good learning opportunity.

If you’re on the far west side check out the Powderhorn for powder and primers. The owner is a real nice dude and even though their prices can be a little steep, you’re still avoiding hazmat shipping fees incurred online. What area are you in?

Nice. I just moved to the New Braunfels area so I’m still in the process of setting up my equipment but I have family in Castroville and far west San Antonio and would be willing to help if you get the required hardware.

So by required hardware, you mean dies, brass, bullets, and primers?

Partially, yes. I taught one of my buddies from work after making him a shopping list for all the essentials. Once he purchased everything and mounted his press I went over and gave him a quick tutorial and got him going. IMO it’s better to learn on the stuff you’re gonna be using so I would just jump in and get all the required stuff (press, dies, powder measure, etc.) What cartridges do you wanna load for?

No room for a setup right now. That’s why I was hoping to use someone’s :) It would be for 280ai

Erik Cortina has a reloading class scheduled for the end of May. It’s a 2day course and a bit pricey. But if you want to learn, might as well learn from the best the first time.

Erik Cortina has a reloading class scheduled for the end of May. It’s a 2day course and a bit pricey. But if you want to learn, might as well learn from the best the first time.
    88253a6435aa1cf0a623345c62940ae323184fa36e33ba20e3e9b456f8947714_1.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: spife7980
    dude my parents live out there, we will have to go out and shoot when i make it home.

also clcustom had some good loads last time i saw him verify his data, im sure he will get you set up.

im currently showing a coworker the ropes. good to see others set ups and processes before you spend money on a buch of shit you dont need, there are some places that people may be able to skimp on tools in order to splurge in other areas and get a good all around set up. definately hard to buy once cry once until you are actually doing it.
    Yeah buddy. We'll rock it out like we do. And thanks for the compliments on my load development/truing. It's way more better now ????

Reloading doesnt have to take up a bunch of space, I tapped holes into my coffee table to reloading from my couch but I know of guys who took a grinder stand, topped it with plywood or a 2xwhatever board and set that in the couch and move it to a corner when youre done.
    1585789702657.png

+
    1585789715009.png

No room for a setup right now. That’s why I was hoping to use someone’s :) It would be for 280ai
    Lots of great bullets for 280AI. I load 7mm RemMag, 6.5 Creed, 223/556, 9mm, 45acp, 30-40 Krag.... it's alotta fun and a sickness once you get going.

I figured if I supplied everything but the press it would be a good learning opportunity.
    Yeah buddy, I have both a single stage and progressive presses. Each have their advantages/disadvantages. I've been loading for just over 10 years and have been able to learn a lot about what definitely works and what's useless fluff unless you're doing benchrest type stuff.

I will slowly buy the needed supplies to reload then.

Check this thread...

Read lots
    Ask questions
    Be meticulous
    Write down what you do, as you do it. Nope, you won’t remember later.

Good luck

This always kills me

Guy knows fuck all about reloading but he's damned sure he has no room to do it in.

I think it turned out to be actually more of a “I’d like to use someone’s equipment and load my ammo and kinda learn” situation.

Reactions: AKMarty
    When I moved back to San Antonio I didn’t have my reloading station set up at the time. A friend and I reloaded for a match the night before on my living room table... and we mounted the press on an old stool I had from the garage! Wasn’t the best of things but got the job done. Now I’ve got everything in a small toolbox on wheels so I can always reload in the living room, doesn’t take much room at all.

Remember, this would be for a session of instruction and familiarization. Not for regular use. Be sure to figure out if you can do things on your own before spending all kinds of money buying stuff. Logistically l, that makes no sense.