• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading press for 375 CheyTac

Crosshairs6

Master Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Mid South USA
Gentlemen,
What are you using for a reloading press to load the larger calibers? I looked at the reloading threads but I did not see anything that would help given my situation. I have a Dillon XL650 and a Lee Progressive reloader. I am pretty sure neither of these machines will handle the length of the .375 CT. I am currently in Iraq and away from my reloading gear to confirm this. I know the diameter of the .375CT dies are bigger as well. If I have to buy another press, I am thinking I will stay simple and buy a single stage press. I figured I would ask what you all are using before I go any further. I have all other calibers covered so whatever I buy (assuming I will have to buy), will be for the .375CT only. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

S/F,

Re: Reloading press for 375 CheyTac

Misc051.jpg

I use the Redding (Big Boss) for depriming and priming.And the RCBS Ammo master for bullet seating.(Has allot more room) I think you can do it all on the Redding (Big Boss) I use CH4D components. This is for a 408 but it's the same for the 375.

I think the Big Boss II has a little higher stroke, at any rate its definitely a first pick.

Thanks for the information and for posting the pictures. Sounds good. I will look at the Big Boss II. I have a few weeks before I go home so I look forward to hearing from other members before I make a decision.

S/F,

I don't have a 375CT yet but I bought a big boss II because others on the hide told me it would work fine.

I run the Redding Ultramag for my 375 and it works great.

the redding presses have 1 1/4" threaded holes simliar to the lee bmg press
the rcbs & hornady bmg presses, hollywood senior presses, corbin & walnut hill presses all use 1 1/2" threaded holes
ch4d and possible m2 make a reducer for 1 1/2" to 1 1/4"
be careful and check your dies 1st
something to think about

I use the redding big boss 2 for 375ct & 338lm, comes with the bushing for 7/8" dies. Have a hollywood press for the 50dtc.

this is a custom press... the name is T REX is not finish yet, I think will be ready at the end of september.. you can use it also for .50

40994_1445852619169_1018740599_31057204_19510_n.jpg

TREX1.jpg

I'll use it for my next rifle.. .408 or .375

as soon as I'll some news I'll advise..

I'm using this one ... the best I've ever used.

is the first press a friend of mine has built.

Wow Davide, That press definetly looks solid. You should have no flex problems with that one!

I use the RCBS 50 bmg press. I built the shell holder adapter but I think you can get them from RCBS. This will allow you to use any dies made for the cheytac up to 1.5 inches. Ch4D does build adapters for the other dies. The dies shown are micrometer dies from Viersco Mfg. or Black Diamond Rifles. I have not had them long but man these are nice. Like mentioned, the Redding big boss 2 will accomodate 1 1/4 dies with no adapter and comes with 7/8 adapters.

venture024.jpg

Reactions: Labradar