• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Presses and Dies for following calibers

savoy29

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Texas
What are the best presses single stage or progressive
that will handle the following calibers

50 Cal, 375, 338 LM, 30-06, 270, 223/5.56,
6.5 Grendel,6.8 SPC, 9 MM , 40 SW, 50 AE

Re: Reloading Presses and Dies for following cali

The <span style="font-style: italic">Rock Crusher</span> comes to mind, although you may want something smaller for handgun cartridges. We're told that it may be available from CH4D.

Re: Reloading Presses and Dies for following calibers

For the 50 BMG, you are going to need the Ammo Master II, or something comparable in size. The Rock Chucker is going to make it.

I have three Rock Chuckers that can handler just about everything up to the 338 LM, For bigger caliber, you need the height to clear it. You can get the Ammo Master II and then get the adapter for the smaller cartridges, but IMO, it's better to have one Rocker Chucker size to handle the smaller calibers.

Get a Hollywood press for the 50!

Question; is your ".50" the S&W pistol round or the BMG round?

Whatever, the massively strong Lee Classic Cast (all steel, not cheaper/weaker cast iron) single stage press will do them all.

I know of no progressive that can handle a .375 nor do I have any idea who makes a "Rock Crusher" press. RCBS has a "Rock Chucker" cast iron single stage press that's made in China that some folks like.

For the cartridge list you give, I'd go to the Lee Classic Cast.

Dies is dies, they all work. Pay whatever it takes to make you feel good.

Lyman used to make an Orange Crusher which was very similiar to the Rock Chucker but might of even had a slightly bigger opening?

Topstrap