• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Questions

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
For my first set I bought the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Single Stage Kit, RCBS Reloading Accessory Kit, RCBS Trim Pro Power Case Trimmer, RCBS Trim Mate Prep Center, RCBS Tumbler. WOW, What a nice setup! I plan on weighing all my loading on a NON-digital scale. But I have some Questions:

~ Can you use any brand of Dies in different Presses? (Ex. Forster Dies in RCBS Press).
~ Good Websites for accessories? (dies,powders,bullets,brass,etc.)
~ Good powder to use in .223 ammo (using mainly 52gr,62gr, sometimes 77gr.) I just want to get a good idea. I know every rifle will like different things.
~ Good powder to use in .300 Win. Mag. {180gr-190gr.} (Custom built 5K Rifle)
~ Do you have to use the same brand in bushings for your press?
~ Good Dies to buy for RCBS PRESS for .223/.300 Win Mag.
~ Where can I get a good tool to get those damn military crimped primers out?

I want the best accuracy I can get, I dont want to buy cheap ammo, cheap powder etc. I want the best. I dont want to put shit down rifles I love more than my girlfriend!

Any good suggestions?

Thanks Alot guys.

Re: Reloading Questions

1. for the most part yes, definately check the threading before purchasing but lee, dillon and RCBS i know first hand are interchangable
2 you have to really search but Cabelas.com usually has the stuff natchez, midway and misouth are out of.

Thats all I can say from my experience, hope that helps a little.

-Taylor

~ Can you use any brand of Dies in different Presses? (Ex. Forster Dies in RCBS Press).

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">Yes, and Forster or Redding would be good choice.</span></span>

~ Good powder to use in .223 ammo (using mainly 52gr,62gr, sometimes 77gr.) I just want to get a good idea. I know every rifle will like different things.

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">Varget</span></span>

~ Good powder to use in .300 Win. Mag. {180gr-190gr.} (Custom built 5K Rifle)

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">4831 SC, H-1000</span></span>

~ Do you have to use the same brand in bushings for your press?

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">Yes</span></span>

~ Good Dies to buy for RCBS PRESS for .223/.300 Win Mag.

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">Forster or Redding</span>
</span>
~ Where can I get a good tool to get those damn military crimped primers out?

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">The primers will pop out finr with the standard sizing die, but the pockets will need to be reamed. I used to use a WWII Marine Corp folding knife before I got a reamer.</span></span>

~ I want the best accuracy I can get, I dont want to buy cheap ammo, cheap powder etc. I want the best. I dont want to put shit down rifles I love more than my girlfriend!

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">With some care and match bullets, your ammo should be as good as commercial match ammo or better.</span></span>

Any good suggestions? [/quote]

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-style: italic">There is a lot to learn. Read up on Match loading for Competition. </span>
</span>
TC

Standard press and die threads are 7/8" x 14tpi.

If you're planning to use standard dies, Forster are excellent. For bushing dies, usually Redding, but Forster makes a bushing neck-sizing die that will bump the case shoulder.

I realy like the forester benchrest dies and seaters but these are necksizing dies. Some companies make 3 dies set with both full length and necksizing dies along with a seater. The seater die shoud be one with the sliding seater plug. Hornady makes and inexpensive one that realy works great and you can get a micrometer seater for it.
larryj