• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Records

dixieland26c

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Does anyone know of an MS Access based template for keeping reloading records? Other shareware/freeware?

Re: Reloading Records

When you create records, are you tracking the recipes and results or are you also keeping firing/sizing counts on the brass? I started setting up some stuff in Access and the further I got with tracking everything the more it made me wonder if I wasn't over doing.

I just made a detailed sheet I can print out and write in all my reloading info (brass, powder, bullet, primer, lot #'s, seating depths, ogive measurements, trim lengths, costs, and any special loading instructions), which is for all my customers and personal loads.

I keep track of my personal reload counts by my primers. I'll dedicate 2-3 bricks (2K-3K) of primers for my personal 260 Rem competition load. I normally have 500 pieces of brass I'll use at one time. I'll cycle through them and know how many times I've reloaded by how many primers I've used. I'll also keep any targets with these sheets. I'll make a new sheet for each bullet used, and write down on the back what all loads I have tried. I'll have fps, ES, and SD numbers with each load. This way I can always go back and review or duplicate any load.
You can over do it, but keep the info you want or need to reload your ammo how you want it.

I use forms that I print out and keep in a binder. I leave room for notes when I come back from the range. I keep track of firings by the lables on my boxes and from the data in the binder by lot numbers i assign.

I keep track of the chronograph and groups sizes on a spread sheet I made up for each rifle I work with. I try to cycle through all the brass I have dedicated to that rifle before reloading a case again.

Greg L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I try to cycle through all the brass I have dedicated to that rifle before reloading a case again.</div></div>

I started out that way until I realized that I would rather have some new sitting on the sidelines ready to go. I think it's easier to keep track of smaller lots of fired brass until I need to chuck it.

That and I started hoarding new Winchester every time I could find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started out that way until I realized that I would rather have some new sitting on the sidelines ready to go. I think it's easier to keep track of smaller lots of fired brass until I need to chuck it.</div></div>
That's what I do, as well. I keep 500 pieces of brass in rotation for my comp guns. Once the 500 pieces start having problems, I'll throw them out, and start over with new.