• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading scale delima please read.

Kisssofdeath

House of Yates
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2018
    Virginia
    It's finally time to bite the bullet, pay the piper and buy a quality scale. I have narrowed it down to these two. At first I was leaning towards the A&D FX-120i for $500 shipped but then I ran across the A&D EJ-123 for $319.50 shipped.

Does anyone think the FX is $180 better than the EJ; if so why? I'm buying one by the end of this week.

Thanks to all who reply.

Here are the links. To get the final price you have to use the discount code and put items in the cart in case anyone wanted to verify the price, especially the EJ-123.
    FX-120i
    EJ-123

I am completely and totally satisfied with my fx 120i and Autotrickler. I would buy it/them again, in a heartbeat.

My fx 120i resolves to 1 kernel of H4350, out of 1,750 or so kernels.

Last edited:
    The FX120 is a magnetic force restoration balance. The EJ123 is a load cell.

For me, the advantages of magnetic force restoration technology is worth the cost.

This is an old video, but gives an overview of the differences.

I use a Sartorius Entris 323-1s. It weighs single kernels with no trouble.

Last edited:
    Definitely go with the 120. At some point, you may want the Auto Trickler, and the upgrade path will be there. I have the Auto Trickler, worth every penny.

Thanks to all who has helped me spend another $180 for a scale. :rolleyes: :p. On most websites there's not that much difference in price between the two I had in mind, which was a no brainer to go with the FX, then I ran across the Oldwillknotts store.