• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Supplies?

D.A.T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2006
Kansas
Can't buy AR Stuff, Can't buy Hi Cap items....WTF can't buy reloading supplies either?!?!

I am looking for Small rifle match primers. I just lost a bid on Gunbroker for 61.00 per 1K. Things are crazy

Re: Reloading Supplies?

Thank you Gimpy, they had a decent amount instock. Prices were high.

I got 5K Small Rifle Match (FED)
16lb of Unversal Clays
3K Rem. Small Rifle
5K Win. Small Pistol

I need Varget and BLC-2

I wish I could have helped you out on this..

My local guy raised the prices $2/1000 on primers. I still managed to get a few K of Fed Small Rifle, Large Rifle, and Large Pistol for $30ish/k. I got Fed Large Rifle Magnums for the same price.

I don't know what his supply looks like anymore, but I figured those prices were still pretty darn good.

Went to brunos today and they have a good stock on primers. Poor guys were running around like a chicken with no head trying to fill orders, and unpack incoming shipments. Felt bad for them but hey, business is good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wvlapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bruno charged $54 to ship 3k Berger bullets. Plus $3 handling fee. </div></div>

I just ordered 5K from Bruno, and still waiting to see how much I get raped on shipping.

Looks like powder is the hard to get item this time, everyone is out-of-stock on the powders I'm looking for. Four years ago it was primers.

Stupid. I had the same problem here locally. Went to Sportsman's the other day and the y must have just received a shipment. I picked up 9000 primers (small pistol, large pistol and large rifle) and 8 lbs of powder. Hopefully people will chill out a little and we will see more availability.

^^ yeah, I know what you mean. I have been putting primers away for the last few years after the last drought. Most places all that is left is shotgun and pistol powder.
Guy at Sportsmans said they dont always get a driver that is "hazmat" certified, as they contract different drivers. So in that case powder and primers will be left off the shipment.

Pretty much everyone is dry of Varget speed powders in Norther CO, Jax, RMSS, Sportsmans, even Wal-mart in Timnath.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^ yeah, I know what you mean. I have been putting primers away for the last few years after the last drought. Most places all that is left is shotgun and pistol powder.
Guy at Sportsmans said they dont always get a driver that is "hazmat" certified, as they contract different drivers. So in that case powder and primers will be left off the shipment.

Pretty much everyone is dry of Varget speed powders in Norther CO, Jax, RMSS, Sportsmans, even Wal-mart in Timnath. </div></div>

VArget is the one thing that I need that they did not have. I still have some at home, but am getting pretty tight. I will swing by this week or next to check. You are close to "Elk Bomb" they may have supplies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Time 23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid. I had the same problem here locally. Went to Sportsman's the other day and the y must have just received a shipment. I picked up 9000 primers (small pistol, large pistol and large rifle) and 8 lbs of powder. Hopefully people will chill out a little and we will see more availability. </div></div>

So how many primers can I purchase and stay on the right side of the chill/panic line? 9000 in a single purchase seems like a lot, but we each have our own comfort point, and unless we are buying at the rate we are using them up, we are each contributing to the shortage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJY65</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Time 23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid. I had the same problem here locally. Went to Sportsman's the other day and the y must have just received a shipment. I picked up 9000 primers (small pistol, large pistol and large rifle) and 8 lbs of powder. Hopefully people will chill out a little and we will see more availability. </div></div>

So how many primers can I purchase and stay on the right side of the chill/panic line? 9000 in a single purchase seems like a lot, but we each have our own comfort point, and unless we are buying at the rate we are using them up, we are each contributing to the shortage. </div></div>
I was kinda thinking on the same line as this. I've probably bought 50k at one time, but today would just try to get by. I have 2300 CCI small mags, and 2000 brass to fill, that should hold me over this year.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but in reading through the proposed bans, I'm mostly seeing "assault rifles" and hi cap mags mentioned. Not seeing much if anything in the way of banning/restricting ammo or components.

Hopefully once inventory starts flowing again and shelves are replenished from the panic buying we'll see powder and primers more readily available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJY65</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Time 23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid. I had the same problem here locally. Went to Sportsman's the other day and the y must have just received a shipment. I picked up 9000 primers (small pistol, large pistol and large rifle) and 8 lbs of powder. Hopefully people will chill out a little and we will see more availability. </div></div>

So how many primers can I purchase and stay on the right side of the chill/panic line? 9000 in a single purchase seems like a lot, but we each have our own comfort point, and unless we are buying at the rate we are using them up, we are each contributing to the shortage. </div></div>

It was 9000, but in 3 different sizes- small pistol, large pistol and large rifle. Unfortunately they go pretty quick. There were plenty left on the shelves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but in reading through the proposed bans, I'm mostly seeing "assault rifles" and hi cap mags mentioned. Not seeing much if anything in the way of banning/restricting ammo or components.
</div></div>

Wonder what will be targeted after "assault" weapons and hi-cap mags?

Even before this latest panic buying/hoarding freenzy started, it was difficult for me to always find/purchase certain bullets like the 208Amax and the heavy Bergers, so I didn't want to take any chances this year, and bought a years supply for every rifle caliber I shoot.

Cabelas still has Federal#210 large rifle. They are on sale 34.99 a 1000. Of corse yu get to pay the hazmate mail orde charge ($20.00) but it's better than not having any.

I get the same deals that igot in the spring, from the mom and pop gun shop. He doesnt want to price gouge people so he leaves his prices where they be long, and his store room is about 1.5 times as big as his as his show room.

He has powders,bullets, primers in stock.just doesnt have bulk bullets since hes a mom and pop shop.

If I get below 5,000 of any flavor of primer, I get antsy, panic or not. For my high volume powders, like HP38/W231, W296, or Varget, 8lbs is my threshold. I remember what it was like to get components in other hard times, and refuse to do that again. If I could afford it, I would have multiple 45lb jugs of every powder I use, and 100k primers in each size.

I stockpile, I always have, and honestly do not care what I am contributing to, as long as I get mine.