• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

reloads in louisiana

FF_T_Warren

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
Louisiana, United States
I would like to find someone around louisiana that does good reloads. Basically I'd like to buy some rounds for my .308. I dont have the money to purchase my own equipment nor do I have the time to make them myself. but Id like to see if anyone in the area does them at a good price. I would be willing to supply everything if you are willing to put them together.

Re: reloads in louisiana

What you're requesting is illegal just so you know. Not trying to be the fun police here but trying to give a friendly heads up in case you didn't know. Not sure if your user name is your real name but if it is that coupled with your location could get you into trouble. Also not sure if the powers that be of this forum allow such posts or not. Food for thought.

no I actually thought about that, but figured that it wouldn't be. So its perfectly legal to do your own reloads but you cant pay someone to do them? or is it some other kind of rule. I'll delete this thread soon as someone responds to this question.

Thanks for the heads up though

I believe you're allowed to roll your own so to speak but to load for others for financial compesation w/o a license to do so is where kit becomes against the law. Might want to wait until someone who knows more than me comes along to clarify or refute this satement though.

07FFL's can manufacture and sale ammunition but individuals can not manufacture for re-sale or hire. If you and some friends got together though and had a reloading party for your self’s that'd be different.

Look up Dallas Reloads; he's a good guy and a member here. He goes by TRGChad I think.

Here

The reason I say this is due to the fact that I'm at the other end of the spectrum w/o a job and w/more time. I'm looking to invest a lot in reloading equipment and thought I could help recoup some of this by loading for local people for minimal profit but was warned by someone that this isn't exactly legal. I don't know the specifics but w/everything else being regulated it makes sense that this would be too so I chose to err on the side of safety.

yea thanks, I was going to pull the post but I dont see where I can. I guess the admin will do it if it needs to be. Thanks guys. Just emailed dallas, see what they have to say. Thanks again

you would have to get the license and a million dollar's worth of insurance.so that you will be covered and no one can sue the pants off ya.

thought about doing this 4 years ago.but when a good friend told me these things I put that idea in the toilet.but you may be able to talk to a lawer and see if its worth it or not.