• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 260 , Rel26 & Badlands 125gr bullet

hesp

Hesp
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2020
W. Montana
Worked up a load this morning with my Savage model 16 ,22" 1/8 twist Bbl. Started with two new Rem cases. CCI #250 mag primers, Rel 26 & Badlands 125gr mono bullets. At 47.5 grs Rel 26 = 3036 fps over my chrono. Cases extracted easily ( fell out ) with only slight flatting of primers. Each case was fired a total of four times & still retained very snug primer pockets. Because it was cold with a light wind I didn't spend that much time out. One three shot group ran between 1/2" & 3/4". When I get a warmer day I will experiment more with seating depths
260 001.JPG
. Having my own range will allow me to take advantage of a warmer day. I feel this is very good performance with a bullet of this weight & a 22" Bbl. Would like to try out a Savage 260 Rem XP Storm with it's 24" Bbl. Should be able to pick up 60 to 70 fps more... A picture is provided of the Nosler 6.5 140 AB, left side with the Badlands mono on the right side. Notice the 125 Badlands bullet is longer.

Nice. Interested in seeing more, I was looking at the badlands monos, but ultimately ended up with the PVA solids instead.

What's the tip made out of?

The tip is aluminum.. These bullets have shown them selves to be deadly on elk, at least at 260 yds. I will do more work with thse , like I said with warmer weather. This is just preliminary. But appears to be a good start.

The tip is aluminum.. These bullets have shown them selves to be deadly on elk, at least at 260 yds. I will do more work with thse , like I said with warmer weather. This is just preliminary. But appears to be a good start.

@hesp

Any update on the 125 Badlands bullet performance? Curious, might be a good fit for my dedicated night vision / hog hunting rifle.