• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 40x Price Quotes

Jester8

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2006
Bis. No.Dak.
Hey guys, stumbled upon a Rem 40x package at one of the shops here. They are quoteing $1600. Looks like it is in a HS stock, and possibly rebarreled. Didn't get a chance to look at it real close, just wondering what some fair prices are.

Re: Rem 40x Price Quotes

If it has been rebarreled etc then there is no real guideline for a price IMO. Would depend on barrel brand, round count, smith, etc, etc. Alot of variables if not a bone stock gun.

Which shop
wink.gif
LOL

Do they have any additional info they are willing to share?

Don't know, I am going to stop back there tomorrow and really get a good look at it.

Let me put this a different way. Does Rem. still make the 40x, and if so what is the price of a "stock" rifle.

Don't want to give away any secrets here now Whirlwind, just kidding it's at Scheels.

Think current 40X's will fetch about 2 big ones??? I think all new synthetic stocked 40-X's use McMillan stocks. Thought it was a GC as they usually have more of the out of ordinary toys but their prices are usually 25% higher than anywhere else. So if it was a nice factory 40-X about $1200 from anywhere else. Don't see how they stay in business. Never seen one in Scheel's but while they are pretty high on used stuff they are more fair than GC. If rebarreled and an HS stock then alot would depend on condition and particulars as mentioned above with caliber being a BIG decider in these parts. A used 40-X around here and p dog towns in 22-250 etc would be action/stock value as far as I am concerned unless round count could be verified. Then depending on trigger type/brand I would be hesitant to pay more than 1k with $8-900 more realistic but that is just an uneducated guess from a "bitter old bastard that was dealt some shitty cards but deserves them and should have his ass kicked", this quote of course from a very intelligent and upstanding member on SH that is almost gonna be 30 some day
smile.gif
LOL