• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rem 504 .22lr?

joelsa58

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
ft. bragg, nc
I've got a couple of rem 700 .308, both shoot pretty good. However match ammo gets expensive.

I bought a trainer awhile back, rem 504. Got some $70 Barska scope not sure what rings(whatever the shop had).

I'm using bulk Fed 36gr hp. 5 shot groups at 100yd are consistantly measuring 1.5 moa.

Is there anything I can do to improve this, or is that as good as it gets?

I've heard CCI ammo is better. Also recently turned on to some sub-sonic 60gr. Havn't tried either yet.

Anyone have any experience with that to share?

Re: Rem 504 .22lr?

Is it the 504T 0r the standard 504? The 504T's tend to be a bit more accurate than the standard rifles. If you can get some Wolf match Extra or SK Standard Plus ammo. That will help your groups too.

Re: Rem 504 .22lr?

try different ammo. pillar and bed the stock. This helped my 504T alot make sure the barrel free floats too