• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 504t experience?

yotechsr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
beyond
Local shop has one for about 650.00 With the price of ammo and living less than and a mile from local range.. well, you know the story. Bottom line, good bang for your buck?

Re: Rem 504t experience?

The 504T is GTG according to what I have read. It's the sporter model that you need to watch out for as they had barrel problems. I owned a 504 sporter, but since I was aware of the barrel problems, I bought and installed a Lilja barrel w/o even shooting the factory barrel. On the price - seems OK - but not a steal. Might want to check GB first.

Its not terrible in terms of price. The Gander mountain was blowing the sporter version out at $425 or so.

The heavy barrel version was going for $600. It shoots great. But then again, the trigger needs work. For the same price range, a sako quad would be nice

A 504T just went up for sale in the classifieds. Asking price is $625 shipped. Also, looks like the owner already adjusted the trigger.

Edited to add: looks like it's already sold - that did not last long.

here's ten shots out of mine yesterday at 50 yards (this is the one in the classifieds). It was breezy so this can likely be improved upon by someone who knows what they are doing:
504T.jpg

Mine shoots similar groups

Mine does have a problem ejecting wolf match ammo. too bad I bought 500 rnds of it. But the federal target ammo feeds just fine.

I have one in .17HMR. I love it. Mine has the target barrel and I took off the stock and went crazy with the Krylon. I was trying to post a pic, but I have no idea how to do that yet. Im new on here.

It is easy to shoot and very accurate. I got mine from a local dealer for under $500. It had been in his shop for about 2 or 3 years and just cut a huge amount off to get it out the door to me. Either caliber is worth the money, good rifle.

Re: Rem 504t experience? YES

I have a 504T. I havent shot it extensively at distance but it looks to be a shooter, has the feel of a Remington laminated,Varmint (VLS) and the trigger and feeding are good. Its a picky about the ammo it will chamber I it likes Eley Sport. I would buy this rifle for $650.

Re: Rem 504t experience? YES

I had the extractor on mine tweaked so it will eject ANYTHING. It was somewhat frustrating before that but after a trip to the gunsmith, all is well.