• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 504T

SNOW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2003
Jackson, MS
Why not the 504T for a drop-in barreled action for trainer? Just asking. Really want to put together a trainer and from what I can find the 504 is a decent action that gets you close to the 700 in fit and feel.

Pros/Cons? Does McM inlet for the 504?

Re: Rem 504T

504T would be great, you can make the 597 mags work to get you 10rds and you aren't going to find a smoother rimfire action out there period. The dimensions on the receiver are close to a rem700 and I had meant to ask Dick Davis the other day if they have the program or not.
Isaac

My 504T is the most "real" feeling of any .22 I've bought:
504-T.jpg

A T-model painted up to look like an M40A1 would be pretty cool I think
smile.gif

I also wanted one (still do), but the only one I could find was double the price of a CZ 452 Varmint so I ended up going that route.

I agree, I just bought a 504T. Haven't shot it yet. It compares in feel to my centerfires.
It goes 10lb with a Leupold 6.5-20X40. I might strip and stain the stock a darker color in the future.

I have the standard 504. Things I don't like - the bolt handle keeps working loose, the trigger is not that great, hard to bed the action. Pluses - It shoots pretty good if you feed it premium ammo, but you will still have fliers. I got mine cheap, so I'm happy with it. I don't think its worth the full price.

Mine next to it's bigger brother....

100_1181.jpg

And yes, for a 22 it has the centerfire rifle feel to it. I really like it and it shoots like a laser beam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrrrgh15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine next to it's bigger brother.... </div></div>

On a post from last September, you mentioned buying some extra bolt parts 'just in case'. I'm curious what parts you purchased?

I'd have sent a PM but your profile is set not to allow PM's....

I just got done building mine up just waiting on the rings to show up to mount the scope

I posted a pic in the gallary I could not figure it out on how to put in this post

I love the feel of it

I marine tex the stock and painted it, installed flush cups on the side,
made a new bolt handle and added a bolt knob, threaded the barrel and refinished the metal in norrels

changed profile. sorry about that.

I bought all the little springs, extractors, bolt release, etc I could find from Midway. Still need to order firing pin assembly.

Not that I think they'll break, just buying them just in case.

Still need to do the 597 mag modification though.
smile.gif