• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 513-T replacement barrel??

jet_lagged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
WA, The Evergreen State (KBFI)
Bought a Rem 513-T at an Estate sale that looked like it had a good bore. It did, but the chamber is f#$%^d and bulges and splits the brass, along with great vertical stringing due to shifting velocities.

I'm thinking that having the chamber drilled out, an insert installed and chamber reamed is going to cost more than I want.

Anybody have a source for used 513-T barrel or ex-CMP sale mil-surp spare? Numrich and an online search don't reveal anything in stock.

Also, any knowledge as to if the 2 pin mounting of the 513 barrel is common with the 510, 511, 521? etc to possibly substitute a lighter profile?

Re: Rem 513-T replacement barrel??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jet_lagged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also, any knowledge as to if the 2 pin mounting of the 513 barrel is common with the 510, 511, 521? <span style="font-weight: bold">etc to possibly substitute a lighter profile?</span>

</div></div>

Yes you can. 510 511 512 513.

Re: Rem 513-T replacement barrel??

Numrich sells a replacement barrel for the 500 series Remingtons. I have seen a few new in the wrapper surplus barrels on ebay but they sell for a lot. You could send the barreled action to Redman's and have them put a complete liner in it. I have two rifles they relined and they both shoot well.