• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing rem 600 base

moto357

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
adirondacks
my build using the 600 action is slowly comming along. onto the base issue.. seems aluminum is my only option perhaps? I would be ok with aluminum if the slots were full width, but after looking at an EGW base, not enough meat there for me. Got ahold of them and after a wait for their "HD" bases to be made, they would run upwards of $150. I've heard the Rem 7 3 hole bases fit the 600, but other than a Dednutz haven't got much further. this is where I'm at.. any help or sugestions much appreciated

Re: rem 600 base

Contact US Optics I believe they made a run for the 600, if not they should be able to make one for you.

Good luck

Jerry

thanks Jerry. after looking and searching every possible angle, i believe i've figured out that the 3 holes of the 600 line up with 3 of the 4 of a 700 short action? this being the case i can get any 700 short action base, and just deal with there being only 3 screws holding instead of 4.

if anyone knows im wrong feel free to jump in a say so

I am fairly sure the rear of the 600 receiver is a different height then a 700 SA.

Good luck

Jerry