• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rem 700 .308 to 300 WSM?

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
I have a 700 SPS Varmint in 308. What would be involved in converting it to 300WSM? Is it worth the trouble? Before you ask, I don't want to buy another rifle.

Re: Rem 700 .308 to 300 WSM?

New barrel open the bolt face for Magnum, install Sako or M16 style extractor, alter feed rails for the fatter case, change out the mag box and follower for WSM. And no it's not worth the trouble in my opinion. Buy a new rifle you will be money ahead and you will have two rifles instead of one.

Re: Rem 700 .308 to 300 WSM?

I'm with Randy, it would be cheaper to purchase a rifle already set up in 300 WSM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New barrel open the bolt face for Magnum, install Sako or M16 style extractor, alter feed rails for the fatter case, change out the mag box and follower for WSM. And no it's not worth the trouble in my opinion. Buy a new rifle you will be money ahead and you will have two rifles instead of one.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much would all that cost Randy?</div></div>